Jun.-Prof. Dr. Thomas Weiss
4th Physics Institute
+49 711 685 69847
Office hours by arrangement
Micro- and Nanophotonics
- The post-exam review takes place on Friday, September 16th, from 10:00 to 11:30 in room 4-342.
- The results of the exam can be found next to the Secretary's office (room 4-553).
- Please keep in mind that there are no lectures from May 16 to May 20.
- The lecture starts on April 5, 2016.
Owing to the advances in fabrication technologies, classical optics has developed tremendously in recent years. New research areas dealing with structure sizes in the same order of magnitude or smaller than the wavelength of light have been established. This implies structure sizes in the range of micro- to nanometers in the optical domain. In this lecture, the most important advances in this field will be presented with focus on the theoretical background, starting from the well-established Mie-theory and going to state-of-the-art research, such as plasmonics and metamaterials.
The lecture is a special lecture for the module "Advanced Optics". It will be given in English.
|Tuesday||14:00 - 15:30||Room 4.342, Pfaffenwaldring 57|
The exam is a part of the exam for the module "Fortgeschrittene Optik". The part about this lecture will take 30 minutes.
Time: 21.07.2016, 9:00 - 11:30
Room: HS V57.02
- C.F. Bohren and D.R. Huffman: "Absorption and scattering of light by small particles" (Wiley)
- K. Sakoda: "Optical properties of photonic crystals" (Springer)
- S.A. Maier: "Plasmonics – Fundamentals and Applications" (Springer)